Thread: G614
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #18
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
A good friend of mine borrowed a 2007 Montana from another friend for a trip to Texas from NJ. He stopped overnight near us in Western PA the first night out. This was last Wednesday(6/23). We discussed the tire issues at length including torquing the lug nuts. Two days later he called with a broken front landing jack (he ran it up too far and broke the worm gear). I was on line in "Central Command" directing him by cell phone to the nearest Montana dealers. Most wouldn't even look at the traier until the following week! After helpful research on this forum, I was able to find the jack vendor (Venture @ 866 365 1957) and contact them. They shipped a new leg assembly to him at his SanAntonio, Tx destination this past Tuesday and this problem is solved. But, last Friday while I was contacting Venture my friend called again; he had a blowout in Kentucky. The tires on the 2007 montana were original OEM Missions. He was near Camping world and a Tire Dealer, where he had two Firestone Transforce H/Ts put on. He stayed there that night and had the other two Missions replaced as well with the firstones the next day after some discussion with me. All has been fine since and he is in TX and will begin return to Nj tomorrow.
I know this was long winded but thought I'd relay the experience. It prompted me to replace my new OEM Marathons this week with the GY G614s!
Chuck
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote