View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #61
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Gofnuts.... it was crowded on Saturday and Sunday at the Rib Cook-off. I think they estimate about 300,000 people attend the event each year.

Now that we've attended a Rib Cook-Off, we'd approach it differently. The Craft Fair opens around 9:30am so we'd go and check out the Craft Fair in the mornings. Then at 11am the BBQ Rib Contestants open their booths, and about an hour later the crowds become too large so we'd go back to the Montana and relax, go sightsee or gamble.

We'd also buy a table in the "Rib Village" for at least one of the nights. It's an area of specially reserved tables that open at 4:30pm and closes at 9:30pm. During that time, you get all the ribs, fixin's and drinks you can consume. Plus, the "Rib Village" is located right in front of the main stage so you get front row seating for the headline music act. It's about $75 per person and we realize now the cost would be well worth it.

I did some heavy "in-person" RV Park research in Reno last year and there are two other parks (Marina RV Park & Hilton KOA) we'd like to try out. So if we end up going again, I'll post here and see if anyone else would like to go and meet up with us.

The best part for us though.... was being with Roy & Nancy, Paul & Kathi and Kevin & Denise.