Thread: Roof strength
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:01 AM   #22
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I'm up on the roof every time we leave a CG. Only used the unit 3 times since October though. I sweep the slides off before leaving on a trip out or returning. Just a matter of keeping the debris out from the inside. I didn't have a ladder on my last unit and found all kinds of debris after operating the slide to the in position. Fortunately I could stand on top of the cooler and tiptoes and run a broom across the top.

NJHillbilly is so right about the ladder being the weakest link. Where the fiberglass bumps out in the rear below the window is the most flex. I'm waiting for the fiberglass to show signs of the gelcoat cracking with the flexing that occurs. I hope this dosen't happen but maybe keystone should beef up this area behind the fiberglass to prevent the flexing. Seems as if a little structure support wouldn't add that much weight.

BTW: since we are confessing I'm 225 5' 11". Can't wait for winter to be over here in New England. First planned outing 15 Apr. Cant wait. Had to pull the rig out yesterday, for my son to push a car behind it. Not too much fun in the yard with the Ice and Snow pack.