View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #27
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623

I think those are the ones I ordered yesterday. Thanks again for all you guys help. This has been quite the fun, interesting, and very expensive project. Sure is nice to take advantage of the Sun's free energy. It's also nice when it comes to paying our electric bill here in the park, all we pay for is the air conditioner use and a few things we don't want to run on solar like our freezer.

We may not live long enough for this project to pay for itself, but it's good to know that if everything in this economy/country goes south, we'll at least have electricity and some semblance of normalcy. An older gentleman told me this saying a few years ago and I can't get it out of my head lately,

"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail."

We're not "preppers" like you see on TV, but we don't plan to fail either. We don't travel with our water tank full, but we sure fill it up when we get setup as we stay at least 3 months at a time where ever we end up. Because of weight, we are limited on food stores, but you can't believe how many cubby holes these Montana's have that you can store freeze dried food in.

I'll let you all know what the finished project looks like. That is, if it ever gets finished.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote