View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #127
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I for one will never fire a warning shot into the air. I may fire a shot I consider to be a warning into a bad guys leg, arm, shoulder but never an intentional kill shot on the first round. If the bad guy continues to advance the second shot will drop him. Yes, I am that confident that under stress I can hit what needs to be hit when it needs to be hit. All a warning shot does is presents an opportunity for the bad guy to take action. If he realizes he was not hit by the first shot he may consider himself lucky and leave or he may consider you a bad shot and take his chances at taking your weapon. I have learned several times over that in situations, such as what we are talking about in this thread, you may not get a second chance. So your first action/reaction needs to count. If you own a weapon and cannot confidently and consistently hit a target several feet from you, you should not own a weapon for protection. If you own a weapon for protection you owe it to yourself to know how and when to use it. Personally, I will not hesitate to shoot an intruder. I use high velocity hollow points with the sole intention of making it a very bad day for any intruder/bad guy intent on ruining my day. If the intruder gets past my dog I consider him a threat. Like I stated, he will get one chance to live by not continuing to advance after the first shot. If he does, he is done in my book. I realize this is a very hard stand, I could go to jail; life could be rough for me; I could be plagued after the event with thoughts of the shot intruder; but unless you have actually lived it; unless you have experienced lose or unless you have stared into the eyes of a bad guy whose sole intention is to take you out, you have no idea what the bad guys are capable of doing.

Don't be foolish thinking you are going to outsmart the bad guy by trying to trick him hoping he will leave after a warning shot or shoot him with rock salt or by using reduced shotgun shell loads hoping not to disturb your neighbor with stray pellets. All you will succeed in doing is pissing off the bad guy. I feel by doing any of these options all you are doing is endangering your life and your family's life. You have two options; to flee or to fight - no in between. Certainly, if you can remove yourself from the situation without causing harm to your family or self that is the option you should take but if you must fight take the fight to him don’t wait for it to come to you - it maybe too late.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote