Thread: K.I.S.S.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:01 AM   #27
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I have seen some very good suggestions posted here. Thanks!!!!
Here are a couple which are kind of guy things.
If you are in an area that has freezing tempatures this season and your windows of your vehicle gets frost on it, this is for you. Before leaving your home if you have a permanent residence, get some plexiglass that is 1/4 inch thick. Take this to your table saw or a friends table saw and cut it into 4 inch squares with a real FINE tooth blade. These make wonderful ice and frost scrapers. They have 8 different scraping edges and they are handy to store in the door pocket of your tow vehicle. I usually cut a few when sawing these and take a few on the road and give them to friends that we meet on the way.
Another idea that I have is a toothpick holder for your pocket. I know there are wooden ones that you can get in truck stops. I went to one of the Lowe's, Home Depot's, Menard's, or Fleet Farm stores and got some 3/8 in. ridgid copper pipe. I also got a couple end caps of the same size. Measure a length of pipe the length of a toothpick and cut it off. Solder one end cap on one end. Kind of crimp the other end cap a little so it goes on snug (not too tight). Fill with toohpicks and put in pocket. This is only good if you are a toothpick user. Don't think you will break or wear this one out, like the wood ones. I started this 22 years ago when I quit smoking. Replace a habit with another habit. Chew on a toothpick, lot cheaper, not dangerous to your health and don't smell things up....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote