jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Which key, deadbolt or regular lock? The regular lock has a number on it and Keystone uses like 3 different locks. The dealer can get you a key based on that lock number. The deadbolt is unique to your 5'er and I would assume you would have to have a locksmith cut you a key. Jim
P.S. I may have the locks reversed but I know one is common and one is unique.
This is not the case on our 2008 3400RL (previous) or our 2012 3585SA (present). On them, one key operated both the door handle lock and the deadbolt lock. On the 2012 we got another black plastic-headed key that looks like door key, but it is for the slam latches on storage compartment doors.
Dave, I probably didn't say what I meant too well. It is just one key that fits both locks. A key with the matching lock number will open your regular lock. They cut a couple of extra notches in same key, add tumblers to the dead bolt making it unique to your unit. So the same key opens both locks. Based on what Carl says I guess the deadbolt is not as unique as I was told it was. I do know it is different because I locked the deadbolt when leaving it for service at the dealer and had to go back and unlock it for them. Sorry for the confusion! Jim