View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #27
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

Everyone will have a different opinion on each option and capability based on their needs and likes. Other than an adequate tow vehicle, the BIGGEST mistake first time buyers make is not taking an experienced RVer with them when they do the delivery inspection/walkthrough at the dealership. The best time to get things fixed and corrected is before you take it off the lot. Buying trailers since 71, only once have I had a zero defect delivery. Example: when I picked up the 2010 (From a Camping World Dealership), everybody was so proud that the unit had been gone through front to rear. In 10 minutes, I found a torn seal, a missing bottom seal under one of the slides, a missing graphic on the front cap, and a hot water heater that would not fire up on Propane. So much for dealer prep.
X2 on this one. Our dealer was attempting to deliver our unit with a cracked leg on the landing gear. Hard to spot that kind of stuff if it's your first time, there's just too much to deal with. Also the point about watching the trailer on corners is a good one, but the curbs don't do the damage the pylons at the gas pumps do. Pulling up to the pump it's easy to forget the trailer when you're trying to line up for the hose. Those giant concrete pylons wouldn't be there if folks didn't hit them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote