View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bruce,
We have a 3295 year 2002. About 3 years ago we started noticing the vanity in the bathroom was climbing up the wall about an inch or two when hitched to the truck. And as we traveled we did notice a bit more movement.

As has been indicated some of the steel bracing joints broke or the weld was broken. Even though I was out of warranty they took the rig in and fixed it. It has been good for about 3 years. Now we are noticing the vanity starting to inch up the side of the wall when hooked up to tow vehicle. Looks like we'll have to have the fix worked on again.

As to whether or not you should get it fixed where you are now or wait until you return home...... Only you can answer that. If it is moving / sagging more than just a half inch or so you can probably limp back home. If the sag is more than an inch or two then I'd look at having it fixed where you sit! If this is the place I think it is then the whole front of the 5er could break in two. That would just ruin your whole day! In a couple of instances Keystone has sent out welders to the trailer site to fix since it would have been too dangerous to try to pull into dealer.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Thanks,
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote