View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Wired Remote for Front Landing Gear

While hooking up or unhooking, there have been several times when the location of the landing gear switch inside the storage compartment was not very user friendly. Staying with a low budget and not to be outdone by the new models with the remote option , I've come up with a 8' wired remote for my landing gear around the $50 range. I acquired the pendant from an electric hoist from a garage sale. The reversing relay, I ordered online. Although not the same brand as the relay on top of your slide pump, it's virtually identical and cost $48 shipped to my house. It's very simple to hook up. I tapped off the original fused line to the stock switch in the storage compartment, ran two short 10 gage wires to the DC motor and 1 short 10 gage wire to ground. The other 2 wires are the output from the pendant switches. You should remove the original wires from the motor leads and individually cap them off preventing a possible short to ground situation due to the way the relay is constructed if the original switch was used.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote