View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 05:06 AM   #1
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Remote thermostat

I know it has been discussed in past but here we go again. Has anyone with a new 2005 unit had any success with the remote thermostats yet? Wanted to change it out but cannot since it has phone like jacks terminals, don't know which is which to tap into. We cannot for life of it get this thing to work correct. looks like about a 10 degree diff in unit it either burns you up or freezes you out not middle ground. If anyone has gotten it figured out or switched it out please post it and how it is done so I can figure this thing out. thanks

Hello MOC Members,

First I would like to ask Broome101 to please forgive me for the intrusion of his post.

I have received the communication following my signature from Dometic. Since there has been so much confusion on this issue I wanted to post this at the beginning of this thread. I will also be including it at the end of this thread. This topic will be locked and another started with the same title so your conversations can continue.

Thank you for your understanding on this issue and devotion to the club.

Lady RV

Quote:
quote:We have noticed much conversation on this web site regarding the temperature sensitivity of the Dometic Infra Red Remote Control air conditioning system on Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel products. We wanted to offer some information that may help ease your mind.

The vast majorities of these systems are and will continue to function properly. If you have a system that is operating properly, it would be unusual for it to fail over time.

There have been a small number of Montana products exhibiting a temperature variation issue, most of which are furnace side only. Rest assured, this condition can be corrected through your dealer after a simple diagnostic procedure. We have been in contact with Keystone regarding this situation and we both stand ready to assist if you are experiencing this issue. If you feel you are having an issue with temperature variation, we would recommend making an appointment with your selling dealer at your earliest convenience to have it checked out.

If you need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us direct at customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com or Keystone at www.keystonerv.com.

Thank you,
Dometic Corporation
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote