View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Icehouse

I had 3 solutions - 1. JH stole my suggestion. Fill it full and nothing can move. 2. I carry a ladder and it is up against my pipes and itself becomes a barrier. 3. create a block (or two) with a flat side and rounded side and wedge between pipe and basement wall. Anchor the wedges and the pipe will be better stablized.
I think you're right,I'll wedge a block between the pipe and wall and than load up the basement against the other side of the pipe.
Thanks, Jack

Author Topic
jjackflash
MOC Enthusiast

MOC-7787

USA
65 Posts
Posted - Jan 20 2008 : 04:58:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a question I'd really like to know.
On a 3400RL 2008 down in the basement how do you protect the vertical plumbing? Iam try to figure out a way to keep anything from sliding into it. The vertical pipes are about 2" away from the bulkhead and flexible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 GMC 3500 D/A CrewCab Long Bed Dually,Line X,Aux Tank,18K Signature Hitch,XM,Garmin 650.
2008 3400RL
Jack & Terry Retired with Littermates
Maggie & Rosie our beautiful Chocolate & Yellow Labs.

DHenry
MOC Fanatic

MOC-496

USA
3304 Posts
Posted - Jan 20 2008 : 11:09:17 AM

I had a sheet metal cover made to protect mine, but I have a 3670 so do not know if it is the same situation as yours.

Doug and Sharon
Lexi (our Cockapoo)
2004 3670RL
2002 Chevy 2500HD Ext. Cab. 4X4

TLightning
MOC Devotee

MOC-7871

USA
165 Posts
Posted - Jan 20 2008 : 3:57:45 PM

Protect the plumbing from what? I don't have anything in there that would move around enough to hurt the plumbing. If I think something will move, a few bungy cords take care of it.

Tom
2007 3400RL
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW D/A CC

jjackflash
MOC Enthusiast

MOC-7787

USA
65 Posts
Posted - Jan 20 2008 : 10:37:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TLightning

Protect the plumbing from what? I don't have anything in there that would move around enough to hurt the plumbing. If I think something will move, a few bungy cords take care of it.

It wouldn't worry me if it wasn't for that gap between the pipes an the bulk head.Any thing loose could crack or break'em Iam containing everything in plastic containers.I can just grab those pipes and they flex very easy.
Jack

2007 GMC 3500 D/A CrewCab Long Bed Dually,Line X,Aux Tank,18K Signature Hitch,XM,Garmin 650.
2008 3400RL
Jack & Terry Retired with Littermates
Maggie & Rosie our beautiful Chocolate & Yellow Labs.

JH Sechelt
MOC Addict

MOC-4976

Canada
880 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 : 01:12:21 AM

Just do it like I do..........Put so much juke down there, Nothing can move. lol

J&D

Montana Modifications

John & Dawn

Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
2006 2980RL &
2005 F350 Lariet, Crewcab
Shortbox Powerstroke 4X4

Icehouse
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote