View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #48
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Jim I think what they are doing is trying to reduce the # of SKU they have. In other words make the electric and hydraulic controls as similar as possible. Not sure which came first.

To clear errors I have not have to re hook it up to the truck. I just retract every thing with the truck out of the way. I have had to use a ratchet the first time for an over extended jack. What ever changes that will be made will have to be firmware in nature. I am willing to bet they will not change the keypad.

I know Keystone is using the leveling systems to differentiate the HC from Montana, but the electric jacks are just too problematic. The service writer at Camper Clinic agrees they are more problems than their worth. This issue alone keeps me from recommending the HC brand to anyone. Next steps for me is if Warranty dept cannot find an issue, I'll call lippert. If no satisfaction there, well I will be at Goshen--provided I get my knee fixed by then.

Get well soon and good luck with them at rally.

FYI, I have a background in industrial electronics. They need to make those keypads more user friendly!!! Even for hydraulic style

And I would love to see keystone drop the Montana vs High Country and just offer different trim levels on the same floor plans I would particularly like to see a HC 381 in higher trim/options package. Would trade tomorrow for it
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote