View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Updated! Has anyone Tried Horst Miracle Probes?

Saw these in a recent article. http://www.horstmiracleprobes.com/ The idea seems sound. I thought I might give them a try. To those of you who have dropped the belly and looked at the tanks, how accessible are the probe locations? Does Montana use the plug in the holes or spun in type of sensors?

8/15/09
Well like a crazy fool I installed the sensors today. The temp was in the upper 80's and lots of humidity but at least I was in the shade most of the time. I only had to drop 2 belly panels. The sensors are on the ends of the tanks on the street side. I checked before I started and even though the tanks are empty and sitting for a month and a half all but the fresh water read more than empty. The old sensors aren't real easy to get out so some ended up in the tank and hopefully will flush out the next trip. I also dressed some wires and hydraulic lines as others have noted they just lay on metal cross-members so I isolated them with some pipe insulation. It all took about 5 hours. And all the tanks read empty! We are going dry camping next weekend so I'll get an idea if they're working.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote