View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 06:15 PM   #37
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I am sure if you were to continue on that one tire, there would be some damage. But pulling right over, I don't see where there is going to have that big of effect on the one tire. I think it would have to travel ,some distance ,and build some excessive heat before damage would occur , but that just my opinion.
The problem is when you have one tire blow out you have all the weight from that side shift to the other tire on that side and puts very excessive weight on that one tire. If you have a tire slowly deflate then it is not the same and would not be such a big problem. As for finding a Sailun tire if one goes bad, i carry a extra tire and wheel mounted just in case of that situation. I've had a factory wheel go bad two different times and was left with no spare because of the difficulty finding a spare wheel. As has been stated Sailun tires can be delivered to your location where ever you may be in 48 hours. If you know the address ahead then have it delivered there. Big-O tires i believe carry Sailuns. If you can't find a Sailun tire in an emergency then there certainly isn't anything wrong using another brand whether Goodyear or whatever as long as it is G rated. Sailun tires have to good of quality and price to pass up. You could buy 5 new Sailuns and if you lose one then you could buy another brand for a spare and still have 4 Sailuns on the ground.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote