View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #28
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I have a question for this thread-- From what I've been able to research there are not many dealers across the US that are carrying the Sailun tire or that can even get them from their distributors. If I have Sailun's on my unit and I have a blowout or a problem with the tire, how am I suppose to continue down the road if there is no dealer in the area that carries or that can get the Sailun brand? I've checked around Omaha and the surrounding area and nobody carries or can get them. That is going through multiple dealers including Discount Tire and other dealers mentioned in previous threads here on the Forum. Am I suppose to sit somewhere until I can order a Sailun in from somewhere else and then try to find a dealer or tire shop to put them on. From what I've been able to deduct from other threads here they will not send them to you personally and only send them to a dealer or tire shop. From what I have learned from Keystone at the several previous Fall Rallies is that they went to Sailuns because they out scored the Goodyear G614's but only by less than a full percent in their testing or comparisons with the Sailun G637's. I am assuming that Keystone got a better price or bid for the Sailuns and went with them instead of the Goodyear's. I'm needing new tires on the Monte before heading South and really up in the air on what to buy. Any suggestions?
Rondo,

Failures of the Sailun tires seem very rare so the risk is low. I did pick up a nail in one which required me to mount the spare. The nail was too close to the edge to be repaired, I had a new tire delivered to my home by simple tire within 48 hours.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote