View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I agree with Brad and have followed the same pattern my whole life with every thing we have ever purchased...... with the except with the of our 08 3400. Why the change of heart?

My wife and I were on vacation and happened to run in to the owner of an RV service company in Reno. We asked if he was an RVer and he said he wasn't, they have too many maintenance issues...a 12000+ condo on wheels driving down the road with the poor road conditions...they have way too many problems for him. When it came time for our decision, we reflected on our conversation with him.

Like most of us on this forum, we are happy to put up with the maintenance stuff, that's part of the experience...just check out the mods and fixes that we all are interested in.

With all that being said, we decided to buy the warranty. As was said before, read the exclusions first and pay particular attention to the warranty company/dealers experience with them, etc. I found some solace in that the dealer said they have had excellent experience with the warranty company...could have been factual....could have been great sales technique.

Is it a good buy? Who knows...only time will tell and certainly it will vary for each and every one of us. I am sure many have purchased one and never used it....some have tried to use it and had a satisfactory experience....some have had claims denied and felt ripped off. There is no question that the warranty companies have priced their service in anticipation of claims well below the pool of their revenue. They have cost of service, overhead and profit that is required for their existance. They are not charities.

Bottom line is that you have to weigh the cost against the potential of future "covered" expenses and make your own educated guess...Good luck!!
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote