View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 AM   #33
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Direcway has it's first competitor, Starband, so maybe things will change. I read about it on Open Roads Forum (also known as Trailer Life forum, Motorhome forum, etc.) They allow you to "legally" set up your own dish because they send you through some training. I read where Direcway doesn't want you to set up your dish because it takes work away from their technicians and it's not really illegal at the low frequency that they use. That's just what I've read. They're nicer to work with, from most reports. They're pro mobile.

I also read that Verizon is not offering a connection through Quick to Net any more. Instead they have a nice Broadband card that costs $100 per month with a $25 installation fee. Is that the charge for sliding it into your computer? And, of course, the coverage is worthless for anyone camping in the remote areas. I think Verizon is getting too stuck on itself and thinks it can sell something for whatever price it chooses and just drop the free offer of Quick to Net.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote