View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
jchw
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6712
GFI Outlet Tripping

Good Morning All,

Just returned to Wichita from Iowa. While up in Iowa, the electrical system in our 2006 344 Montana was fine. After 24 hours, I discovered a living room outlet was dead. Further investigation revealed that this living room outlet, the outside outlet (both on the same wall), the outlet in the kitchen and both outlets (one is the GFI "breaker") in the bathroom area were dead. It was also "interesting" to note that the ceiling fan and light in the living room area are ALSO on this same GFI circuit.

I'd hit the reset on the GFI and sometimes it would instantly trip again, or it would hold for 30 seconds. I've verified everything was unplugged or off. I called my RV shop down here in Wichita and based on what I told him, they said they would start off by replacing the GFI outlet. Did that, and got the same results. Sometimes it would trip right away, other times it would hold for 30-45 seconds.

Checked voltages (118-121), swapped shore power to another power post, and still have the same problem.

Suggestions??? I do have a VOM and know how to use it, just need to know where to "go stick the probes"!!
jchw is offline   Reply With Quote