Thread: Trip Planning
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Cyrus, We don’t move without reservations. I don’t want to be looking for a CG while enroute so we always call ahead. Also, we don’t trust cell phones to work “all the time” and therefore be without reservations. I pulled into one CG in Canada and no space, had to pull out and go further. I said then I would not do that again and haven’t. I also never know for sure what is going on in the local community at any particular time and have seen these places fill up rather quickly for large events. We had reservations at one in WA and when we got there it was half full. We called a friend of ours who has a TT and invited him down for the weekend, come to find out the place was booked and they were having a volleyball tournament on the beach and every spot, including tent spots were taken. I was glad we inquired once we got a hold of our friends or they would have come for nothing. Everyone has a different way of doing things, perhaps with a little more experience on the road we will relax this policy somewhat.. Whatever you choose, happy RV’ing and be safe!!!

BTW: We use Thousand Trails preserves, Corps of Engineer Parks, Military Fam Camps, Resort Parks International, Passport America, Escapees, then Good Sam, then KOA. Then, once we have a place and a CG we go to Google Maps and DW plans the trip and rest stops. We also use our in-dash GPS once we get close, however sometimes it differs from our Google instructions. We also use the Truckers Atlas to be sure our routing is safe for us, especially heights.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote