View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Two things-- What guy in his right mind would leave his own pistol on the table instead of putting it somewhere in the bedroom for easy access?
That was my thought also. Mine is hidden, and within easy access for just such a situation. Being deaf, it is pretty likely a burglar could be standing over me before I woke up. For years now I've practiced the situation enough that it is almost instinct - I can sense someone is near before I open my eyes. I usually wake up before I open my eyes as well. So hopefully, that will help. Not always a good thing though, once a few years ago my husband came home from work early in the middle of the night and was standing over me rather than shaking me awake like normal. Within seconds the barrel was inches from his face. Good grief, that was scary for both of us - fortunately I trained myself to not automatically shoot until I know who or what I am shooting. (I grew up a farm girl and have been using guns since I was a kid). Never. EVER. Leave a gun where it can be easily found, much less seen. I kinda thought everyone knew that? I mean, what with, you know, kids being around and all?

blamb is offline   Reply With Quote