View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We go about 5 minutes as well.

BUT, here is a heads up on that submersion comment.

Last winter when we arrived in the RGV, we had trouble with that sprayer. I believe Al replaced that check valve, but something just was not right. Mostly the SOUND was not right. It used to sorta roar down there, you know, you could really hear that thing spraying the inside of the tank, and then, yes, if it got to the point that the sprayer was submerged, the sound changes pitch. Ours was not loud enough, when the tank was empty and we were just starting to run the sprayer, which meant to us, that the water output the sprayer was giving was poor to middlin.

WELL, after a lot of fuss and thinking and contemplating, Al got the tank full, and left it that way. I believe he filled with clean water, added a bit of soap, calgon, etc. and let it set with most clean water in there for a long while. I don't remember exactly HOW long, but, I am gonna say, it was over 4 hours, and may have been overnight.

Short result of my long story: We believe that there was gunk, paper or just minerals, not sure, dried on that sprayer hose that had the sprayer clogged and that by soaking, we softened it up, and it floated away.

From then on, we could hear that sprayer again.

BUT, when that sprayer is working as intended, about 5 minutes is our max as well.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote