Thread: 3400 recliners
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Native Tex, 3400RL and we took delivery last Tuesday.

We also put our couch along the back. It's a residential sofabed, not the OEM couch, and fits nicely. For travel we lift the rear shade a few inches and shove the couch back against the wall, just a couple of inches. This is a pretty deep couch. As for the recliners, we got rid of both and got me a new lazyboy recliner/rocker. The OEM recliner was too tall for me. I'm 5'10 but have relatively short legs and my feet wouldn't reach the floor! Plus, when I recline I don't like being back so far as that chair forced me to be. So it's history. We went with a single recliner so I can have a table on one side and use a tv tray for the laptop on the other. We do not strap down anything. The recliner pushes back against the wall with a pillow between recliner and wall. It's pushed back so there's enough tension to keep it from rocking. We've only towed this rig 68 miles but the chair hasn't moved.

on edit -- I had the opportunity to sit in an OEM recliner in Ozz's 3400 and must say it was far more comfortable than the one we had. And my feet reach the floor on theirs! If ours were that comfortable we'd have kept it. We had a very enjoyable visit and lunch with Ozz (Jim and Sue) and Hemlockusa (John and Crista).

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote