View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Please dont laugh

Well I am remodeling our house and removing the popcorn ceiling paint and new floors. We have everything we own in the garage and so we decided to bring the Montana home so we can have a place to sleep.

We won't be able to be in the house for 2 days while they remove the popcorn. I decided I wanted to plug in the rv because we need to watch TV and live in there. So i went to Lowes and bought a 220v plug for my power cord I have a cord capable of 30 amps.

So I proceed to plug it into the dryer outlet in the garage. WOW don't do that!!! I tried all sorts of things from checking my wiring and everything looked good. Nope not good. All the lights on my surge protector stayed lit.

Well I fried my inverter and went and got another one and installed it $$$. Then I thought problem solved but no. I finely had 110 volts for the lights but they were to bright when I turned them on so I unplugged the cord and went online. To my surprise the RV uses 110 volts at 30 amps. I finely have my RV hooked up but never plug in your RV into a 220 circuit.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote