View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Dave
I have never seen a free laundromat at a campground. We were living in our RV when we bought our combo. I figured a load a day (which is overstated but then once a week you will have sheets, etc.). At the CG we were in it was $1.25 to wash (they weren't always clean, had to wait) and a $1.00 to dry (they weren't always dry). So figure it out - in a year you have paid for your washer/dryer. That is how we justified it. We talked to other RVers who had them and some who had had them for several years so they don't wear out in a year. BTW we have never been asked if we have a washer/dryer, 2AC yes, electric heater yes, washer/dryer never. We've been RVing for about 15 years and stayed in lots and lots of RV parks because we were traveling with work and sometimes we would move every week.
Happy trails...........................
Thanks for the input, Sue. I tend to follow your reasoning on that. We are leaning toward a stackable set... maybe a Kenmore? Heard good things about them.

Sounds like Steve R has run into the "No washer use on board" rule in several CGs. I'll just follow Steve's advice on the "Don't ask, don't tell" approach.

Just chock and stabilize your rig real well. If it starts rocking and shaking on the spin cycle, you may have to come up with another excuse...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote