View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Betsy (update 9/01 pm)

Betsy is back in the Hospital, she had a TIA (mini stroke) this afternoon. She was not feeling well this morning or for the last three days. She was fine when we walked into the hospital and during check-in for the ER. About 20 minutes after she got into the ER she asked me why we were there, this happened many times during the next several hours. I knew there was a problem then and called the Dr in. They got an IV started and a CT done. Over the next few hours she lost about 2 years of short term and long term memory. At one point she lost the use of her left leg and started to freak out. Over the next few hours she got better and most of her memory came back. The only part she still has problems with is the first hour or so in the hospital. She will be staying at Eagle River Memorial Hospital at least till tomorrow and maybe over the weekend. We have no idea why this happened now but it is great that it happened now and not during her now canceled shoulder surgery. I will let you know how things are going as they progress. I am not sure about making it to the rally, we will have to wait and see. I know she was looking forward to doing the Meet and Greet and helping with the registration. I hope to have more information by mid week... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote