View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Mine is high too, I haven't measured it but it looks like about an inch. It's definitely pretty high. I'll go measure mine and report back.

My manual mentions this height is needed in order to ride on the nylon runners in order to retract into place. There are also documented cautions that one should NOT walk on these edges while retracted - I suppose it's because this can break something or cause some other problem. I have been very careful not to walk on mine. If I carry anything in that section of the slide (mine has the dining table and fridge I ensure the items are as far back to the wall and away from the "hanging edge".

If your slide retracts and extends evenly and there are no gaps from the outside when it's retracted, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Epilogue (on edit): I did some measurements. My 3500RL kitchen slide is carpeted and sits over the linoleum tile floor. I lifted the carpet edge which overhangs about 5-6 inches and measured a 1-1/2 inch gap in the front edge towards the pin and a 1-7/8 gap in the back. This is pretty much what you are seeing so either we are both just fine or both are messed up, but with the way my slides operate I think we are good.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote