View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm always concerned about fraud and appreciate when the credit card company keeps an eye out for me, as well. I'm sure they do it to save themselves some grief, though.

We recently made a rather large purchase at Best Buy, using our Chase Visa card. The cashier told me he was instructed by the computer to call the CC company. He did and handed the phone to me. Chase asked questions to confirm my identify. They then told me they questioned the purchase because the amount is well outside our normal range of purchases. They then had me give the phone back to the cashier so they could give him the approval.

I appreciated them doing this even though it was a bit of a hassle. I'd rather they do that than to blindly allow questionable purchases on our card.

We also had a similar situation on both our Chase Visa and our Citibank Master Card where they said to call them. After verifying identify they asked if making purchases all over the country will be our normal practice. They then put notes on the file to keep it from being a problem in the future. Again, I appreciate their watchfulness.

Dusty, thanks for the headsup. There are several situations where fraud could occur and your posts lists some of them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote