View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Not sure about the laws in other states, but here in TX I wouldn't worry about the weight rating. I've been through the legal process here, and there ain't a hell of a lot you can do if someone has insurance. Then, if they don't have insurance, they probably don't have any assets you can touch. (Disclaimer)-Again, that is me not worrying; I'm not telling anyone else what to do.
Your right - If they didn't have enough money to bring the right truck to the party, they probably just wrecked thier only asset anyway.

I didn't mean to get off topic. I confused 3/4 and 1 ton with weights (silly me). I also didn't realize you guys were opening up a high tech research project. After you get done crawling around under the trucks at the Dealer using calibrated eyeballs, just remember your results may comfort yourself, but should not be implied as fact to others, as there is no qualified basis for your conclusions using your type of research skills . BTW, did you guys now that Ford went to a single front leaf that carries the same load as the prior 4-leaf spring? And did you know some are also made with fiberglass that have a different tension factor than steel? - probably not.

Carry on - I'm bored already
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote