View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 02:39 AM   #18
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

I just want to say this... We have it on our current Monty. We will POSITIVELY NOT waste the money on the new Monty. I was always against extended warranties and thought they were just a big ripoff but three years ago I went against my better judgement and purchased the extended warranty. After 3 years my opinion has not changed. This was the very first time we EVER purchased an extended warranty and it is also our last time.
Glenn,
I think you know that I'm against extended warranties (unless you need it). Having said that however, I did purchase it with my 2000 and it has paid for itself. New refrigerator, slide pump, broken hydraulic fitting. I had the $50 deductible so had to pay $150 for $2300 worth of repairs in six years.
I'm glad I purchased the extended warranty since there are so many things that can go wrong that are not the responsibility of Keystone.

It's sad that we even have to consider the extended warranties because that tells us that SOMETHING is going to fail. Remember when Sears and Montgomery Wards used to sell their products? They never even considered selling an extended warranty because they KNEW their products were good. My folks used to buy everything for our household (clothing, furniture, tools, etc) via the catalog and never thought a thing about failure.

And, just last week when the black water tank split at the top, a $914.00 invoice only costs us $50.00. So, for some of us the extended warranty REALLY paid off!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote