View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
More than the appliances - I worry about slide issues (tearing floor, malfunction, etc.) Unfortunately the extended warranty only covers the mechanism, and not damage caused by them

Good observation..They are all the same and you have to read them very carefully to determined exactly what they do and do not cover.As others have stated..how much can I afford to pay for a repair. I will adsorb a 500.00 deductible but i try to insure against those huge repair bills. I am actually not a fan of E.W's and did not have one on our previous camper used for Recreational purposes only but feel that the way we will be using this one in terms of travel and time living in it . The probability of failure involving a high cost repair that is out of Warranty is high.. It is a crap shoot at best

We had a custom van that burned to the ground a few years ago.The fire was determined to be caused by a defective heater( a defect that GM knew about but failed to recall) The insurance company paid for the truck (totaled) but deducted the cost of the heater that caused the fire???? (Small print I guess) That is the sort of thing that Brad is refering to...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote