View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
I called Montana service again to inform them that I had found and fixed the water leak. I also informed them that I had not been contacted by RV Traders in Mesa. Montana assured me they had called RV Traders immediately after my first contact this morning. Montana gave them my phone number and told them to contact me immediately. As of 8:10PM I still have not received a call from RV Traders. This is the second time RV Traders has failed to make a phone call to us. I have come to the conclusion that RV Traders in Mesa, AZ is not the kind of dealer, where I want to have the rest of my open warranty issues taken care of. I will go elsewhere.

Thanks to all the kind words from all of you regarding out recent episode. I will continue to check connections and have a Montana dealer go through all connections (under warranty) to verify correct tighness on all connections. I still must admit that I am astounded that Montana would allow water fittings to be done this poorly that has caused us two different sessions of water flooding the interior of the RV. As Richfaa correctly points out, there is probably damage that has occurred that is going to show up later. And probably out of the warranty period. I did get digital pictures of the broken pipe connection this time.

I'm a bit surprised that Montana hasn't made that a requirement for the next dealer visit. Something is amiss at Montana. I am now convinced they don't appreciate, desire or understand what good quality manufacturing techniques and processes are. The kind of problems we experiencing are so easily avoided by simple and proper procedures and meager employee training. These are simple concepts. I continue to be concerned about what I don't know or am unable to currently see. I didn't pay $500 for this RV. It costs more than many motor vehicles which are thoroughly documented with detailed operator, service and parts manuals and has 1/20th the moving parts of a motor vehicle and creates this continued kind of grief. Montana needs to recognize that they need to address the quality issues NOW or they will drive us away, permanently. Montana....,ARE YOU LISTENING?

I had to get that off my chest. I won't belabor it any more.......unless we have another major problem! :-)
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote