View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

On a different perspective, if you have ever dabbled in any kind of research on tracing your family tree then you would appreciate any and all information provided by your ancestors to the census bureau. In many situations that has been the only means for leaving future generations information on a household. It might be surprising as to what a researcher can learn from simply knowing who lived there and the ages that may be provided for each member of the family. Information is held for several years before it is turned to public records and I don’t see anything offensive as to what they may ask.

On the other hand I have heard a complaint or two where researchers have gotten the simple form back in 2000 when they actually wanted to fill out the long form for the benefit of their future generations. Being able to leave a record for future generations in its self would make me feel that it’s a worthwhile cause.