View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #35
Pugtracker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12009
It seems to me this is a very hot topic by he views. So the first step i did was put in new Batteries 12V and a 2000 watt inverter, replaced with al 4/0 wires. 250 amp fuse and a battery isolator so no power to inverter when not in use. Works greathad two test nights dropped from 12.6 volts to 12.4 ina 6 hour period. When using more often im sure will drop more. will recharge batteries with generator as needed.

Ok now I am just using and extension cord until i have person with more knowledge to hook into entire system.

My question is basd on using invertor with extension cordto power items as needed.

If I am watching Tv with my inverter and i decided i want to run my generator at the same time to do some laundry cause i need clean cloths can i leave my inverter plug in and watch TV knowing that my Converter will now be working to recharge my batteries. I know my Converter puts out to charge the batteries with the generat0r running. Now as i said i want to continue watchng TV with my inverter extension cord. I want the generator to power my washer. Quesition am im ok doing this with my invertor?

After i want to know what my next purcahse should be to get a solar panel working.

Thanks
Pugtracker is offline   Reply With Quote