Thread: 100 MPH Wind???
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #33
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We had our last trailer sit through 2 hurricanes in Florida some years back. I filled all the tanks for weight, set the jacks down, chocked it very well and went home to sit out the storms. We couldn't evacuate due to where we were. After the storm it looked like a combat zone and major damage everwhere. The RV did just fine. We lived in it for several weeks in the front yard of our house while repairs were done. Had the only AC, TV and Refer in the area. Ran the generator 24/7 for 2 weeks. Got back in the house and then had to do it all over again a week later. The trailer survived that storm to. Did the same thing for living while doing more repairs. Bless having an RV and we found out they are really tough. It stood up to 2 storms, through the eye with 125mph winds on the second storm. I sure don't want to do it again, our thoughts and prayers are with you folks in Texas. My mother is in Deerpark, just east of Houston.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote