View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 AM   #18
BandBmalin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22581
When it rains, it pours...lol. I appreciate all the comments and questions and love to dialogue with other 3820FK folks!! Okay, here we go everyone:

Allenclme: I only have the two, round, air discharge vents in my living room and both are located roughly centered over my opposing couches. Those are the two vents I pulled off. (They just snap on/off so that was easy.) I didn't do any cutting, just pulled them down and left them off. As for my pool noodles, I'm simply stopping any air from going past the last duct in the line. It dead ends at the nose of the trailer so by adding an artificial stopping point, I'm avoiding the wasted duct work in the front and increasing my airflow at the last one. I've added a diagram of what I did below to help anyone else interested in trying it. I can't claim ownership for the idea as I learned about it while reading other forums with my last trailer. I can say with confidence that it really works however!! (...and is REALLY inexpensive and easy to do!)

Hamlej: Like others, I love the ceiling fan idea too!! Was looking at your weight ticket and you're heavier than me by a pretty good margin. Do you have the washer/dryer in yours? I pulled mine with a 2500 dodge gasoline Hemi for about 6 months local and although it could handle it, my F350 SRW does it much more confidently. My truck still spends a lot of time sitting at the airport parking garage as I travel for work and I can't see trying to park a DRW there every week. Maybe when I retire, I'll go dually? I'll know more after next summer as we're planning a trip from FL to Seattle. That'll be a really solid test of SRW for sure!!

Jimw@columbus...: Which door are you referring to for the magnets? The front door hits the awning rail when open. So far, living in FL, we keep our doors closed all of the time except when loading/unloading and the friction hinge seems to hold it open for us.

Jstadler: If you have any more questions about my "pool noodle placement" after looking at my diagram, please reach out. It is such a cheap and effective aid for air flow, I want to be sure you can do it if you want to.

D&PMac: I like the piano hinge idea. My wife has turned the lower cabinet into her makeup area, but has to squeeze in between the bed and the cabinets. Swapping out the trailer king size mattress for a residential queen size and cutting the plywood support down accordingly has helped, but I'll have to suggest your hinge idea to her. How are you keeping it shut when you're not using it? Can you post a pic or two for me?

Janine: The lack of pantry hasn't really affected us too much. Our past travel trailers never really had much food storage so for us, the only real change was that it is a bit lower than in the past. I'm not a fan of the height, but the extra counter space is a perk and the trade-off we like. We keep a 5-gallon water bottle on that counter with a battery pump and that is all of our cooking/drinking water. Plus, we don't FT so our food/spice/staples storage is pretty minimal overall when compared to our stick home.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pool Noodle in Air Duct.pdf (122.4 KB, 140 views)
2017 Fully Grown 5 Pound Toy Golden Doodle
BandBmalin is offline   Reply With Quote