View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Welcoming New Members

I received a PM from someone today that changed my thinking a little on the Introduce Yourself Members section. I must admit that I have gotten busy and not always welcomed new members, but I've tried to do better lately. We have over 12,000 members. Most new members receive a welcome from 15-20 people. I didn't realize how this impacts a new member's perspective of the MOC. I know a lot of people like to just read the posts and see what topics are being discussed. I guess it's like anything, the more you put into something, the more you get out. Terrie and I have gotten a lot of answers, met a good number of lifelong friends and hopefully, helped a few folks along the way. For those of you new to the MOC in the last three or four years, you will never get the opportunity to meet the original MOC ambassador - Glenn Adams. We met Glenn at the first Goshen rally. He wandered over, introduced himself and asked if he could help. I guess I'm asking everyone to take the new member introduction a little more seriously. It's the first impression of the MOC to new members. And, you don't need any technical expertise, seniority on the forum, or even good grammar. Be a Glenn Adams. For those of you I missed welcoming over the years, greetings from Colorado. Hope to see you down the road.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote