Thread: Holding Tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Larry,

I have been trying to repair the leaks in my black and gray water tanks for two weeks. They leak at the top like the others have said. I first used a marine epoxy. Filled the tanks and they leaked. Then tried fiberglass. filled the tanks and they leaked.

Took note this time of the way the belly of the tanks sagged and looked like they would burst when full. So your idea of a "brace" caught my attention. I had this thought yesterday but not sure how to brace it. I'm thinking front to back across both tanks with treated wood. But really not sure.

After taking a good look at things yesterday, I can tell that no amount of glue or patching is going to keep these tanks from leaking until there is a support under them. The stress is too great when the tanks begin to sag.

Just a note. I discovered these leaks a few weeks ago. I had headed off to Disney, leaving Miss Montana home, when I said to myself, "Oh, I forgot to drain the tanks". I knew I had let them get "fuller" than usual. On my return home, I was greeted by the distressed looked of park neighbors, saying, "BJ, I think you have a problem". Oh, the smell!

I had to take the belly and the Artic Package? down and get serious with bleach. It was not pretty, I tell ya. But now that things are cleaned up I want to be sure these tanks are not going to leak before I put the insulation and belly back up.

Any suggestions on how to brace them would be appreciated.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote