Thread: EGT ..Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #15
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Rich: Although I can't imagine someone not having a drill motor and a few bits laying around the house ... I can sorta relate as going into the kitchen for other than a beer or potato chips scares the crap out of me ... making toast is a big step for me kitchen wise! HA! We've slipped into a Mamby Pamby nation worrying about every conceivable what-if and if-so what's it gonna cost me. This rational has stiffled The US's world leadership in technology. Sadly this will not reverse. Your mechanic friends gave you a straight forward answer based on what they believe and are comfortable with. Why do most but not all truck manufacturers generally promote post-turbo ... simply because of the what-if's and if-so's as they are exposed tens of thousands of units. Can I ramble and hijack threads or what? Bottom line ... as long as you understand what temperature you're looking at it shouldn't be a problem to go either way. Another benefit of a pyro gage is you can monitor pressure vs performance. In other words, if you have a loss in pulling power and a drop in boost pressure, it gives you a better idea of where your problem is. Like you stated ... digest all information.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote