View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
I ordered my unit with one A/C. I intended to add a low profile unit at the dealer because Keystone installs the tall boy A/C up front. My dealer installed the stand alone free blowing ceiling assembly in the bedroom. I quickly found out that the bedroom A/C would cool down the bedroom very quickly. Too quickly actually even on low. In extremely hot weather all I could keep cool enough was the bedroom. The 15,000 ducted rear unit couldn't keep the living area cool enough at the beach. I returned to the dealer and had them switch the ceiling assembly in the bedroom to a ducted unit. Wow what a difference! Now both A/Cs blow through the ducts and the cool air from the front unit isn't all trapped in the bedroom, so now it doesn't short cycle and the camper is cool even in very hot weather. I've read posts about non ducted front units' air "falling down into the living area", but take it from someone who's tried it both ways. There is no comparison. Spend the extra money and go ducted. You can still use your bedroom A/C for white noise and in fan only mode too.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote