View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
The idea put forward in the OP was fun and was interpreted by myself in that way, as well my Dodge runs well, because like my wife talks to her flowers, I talk "nicely" to my truck. All fun.

Unfortunately the G614's in the back of Phil's truck were mounted on rims made in China, so it was only half a threat. But I got the intent.

We are indeed blessed to be able to travel freely about North America, but maybe we should not forget who's tires we are likely to be traveling on, and who's tires are on the Majority of our RV's.

For interest sake, no other reason, here is a link to some older data from 2007, updated in 2009 regarding tire production. If you note the tires involved are Passenger and Commercial/light truck. We know the Chinese don't just build bike/motorcycle tires. With far fewer auto's in China than in North America, one might wonder where the largest producer of tires in the world might be shipping them all.

http://www.rubbernews.com/article/TB...ion-by-country

A little reality with the levity, but I hope my posts have not taken the fun out of this topic. mail2us, thank you also, as in past years I very much look forward to celebrating a second Thanksgiving with my American friends.

Phil P, I hope you made a profit on the turnover of the SOB...

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote