View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I got to thinking, China no doubt uses tires made in China on all their vehicles large and small. The sound of all those China bombs blowing out must echo across the country like constant gun fire???
Although I am sure there was no unsavory intent in this comment, but it is rather sad to see tires compared to bombs and gunfire when around the world folks are dealing with the "real" thing on a daily basis, over the years American and Canadian troops have fought and died in attempts to stop this from happening.

I really doubt there are significant tire problems in China, they do not have the interstates and high speed freeways and they sure don't have large RV's being towed around on their tires or any other brand of tire.

It seems to me, when North Americans retire, at least a lot of those that can afford it, go out and buy a fancy RV to travel the country, where in China they take that money and invest it in property here in Canada and the US. We purchase a bottomless pit and they have an increase in investment opportunity.

Different lifestyles, different ideals. Sadly we are being forced to purchase and deal with their products in every aspect of our lives, not just tires. But that's not their fault it is ours.

I am not making a political statement, just putting forward my thoughts and feel I must ask myself who should be skittish, them or us.

Just ramblin thoughts on this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote