Thread: Weight Question
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #27
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
This will be my last post about this subject on this forum, I’m sure some of you will say “Good”. I have been a commercial pilot since 1989, although presently retired, and I am well aware of weight issues. It is a little more critical in an airplane, believe me. My beef is not with the ones that cite numbers, after all, I think we are obligated to help newbies with the numbers, my beef is, and always will be, the ones that ridicule the rest of us for towing with something smaller than they. AND especially those of you that cite legal issues that don’t exist; they must be nonexistent as no one can give a real case situation. Many of you have admitted to having towed overweight in the past and you are still around today, you have a nice truck and a nice trailer so I can only surmise that you were not taken to court and stripped of all your worldly possessions as some would have us believe could happen. And some of you have not. There are many safety violations that cause many deaths on the highways today; speeding, changing lanes without signaling, running red lights and the list goes on. I have yet to read or hear about the overweight RV causing injury or fatalities. The bottom line is “That it is each person’s responsibility to tow safely” whatever that is determined to be. AND, in the immortal words of Sgt Jablonski (or whatever his name was), LET’S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE………
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote