Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 01:15 AM   #129
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
Just finished a 4700 mile trip in a 18 F250 with the 6.7 and 3.55 gears. Plenty of mountains, left SW Mo up to Omaha across I80 to Cheyenne across WY to Jackson Hole, up to Yellowstone and Bozeman, down to Cody across HWY 16 and Powder River Pass to Mt Rushmore, ending the trip crossing I90 to the Badlands and heading home. We grossed 24,910 lbs according to CAT scales. We traveled the interstate with cruise set on 72 mph. Average fuel mpg was 12.1. Empty the truck averages 18.3. I have seen it bump up higher on interstate trips to 20.1 but that is an exception. I am running 5-40 Rotella synthetic oil. Checked oil everyday prior to crank up and it showed no oil usage on entire trip. I used hot shot fuel additive during the mtn portion of the trip, sold at any major truck stop. I am totally satisfied with the 6.7, always had plenty of power with plenty to spare, just push down on the accelerator and it would respond on the steepest of grades. Transmission and engine braking are fantastic. I think you will be more than pleased. Can’t imagine the power you’ll have with 4:10’s. Noise level in the cab was around 66db extremely quite. I do let my truck sit and idle at least 10 min before shutting off after any towing or while taking a rest stop break, to let everything have a chance to cool off. I’ve had all the big threes diesels and none have been any better all around imho.
Sailun 637 tires Predator 3500 (2) paralleled
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote