View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #24
stevedjarrell
Established Member

M.O.C. #18860
Well, I picked up our new HC on Saturday. I have to say Towing it was so much nicer than towing my 2010 North Trail 28Bh. I barely knew it was behind me. I know number wise I am maxing out my Silverado but Honestly it had no problem keeping 65 on Cruise control going up and down long grades. Mind you this is the east coast and nothing gigantic and everything was empty, But the 6.0 pulled just fine and would even accelerate going up. I was worried about crawling up the hills a little but it was great.

I did have the dealer install 3" Steel scrape rollers on the end of the frame as I was concerned it would not go up my drive way. Well I was right. I had to pull up my Neighbor's driveway and cross over into my yard and back it in place. His drive does not have a dip at the apron like mine does and is not as steep ( Although mine goes up maybe 10' in 100') I did try to pull out of mine to see if it would drag the back leveling gear and I did not even get the camper tires to the apron and the rollers were already on the ground and uncompressing the suspension. So I am sure getting it out of my Driveway will be a real treat. But it is goin onsite in September (Seasonal) and will pretty much remain there until we move to FL in 3 years (As soon as the boy graduates HS we are out of the tax you to death state). MY property there is completely flat.
stevedjarrell is offline   Reply With Quote