View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #25
philiprmcgovern
Established Member

M.O.C. #17498
That's a good suggestion, Tom, and I appreciate it but my Grand Plan is to use 4 6-volt golf cart batteries along with 4 x 150 watt solar panels. I plan to build the battery box myself. As far as the inverter goes, I plan to invest in a 2000 watt Xantrex inverter/charger. I don't know how "smart" the Montana chargers are, do you? Our only generator will be our Honda 2000 and, if we need to, we might add a second one. This is about the same setup we had on our sailboat and it worked pretty well for us.

It did occur to me to ask the factory to add toppers for the slideouts, though. Do you happen to know what that would cost? If it's a lot, I could add them myself later on if it turns out there is a real need for them.

I see that you're in Washington. Our son and his wife both work for MSFT in Seattle and we plan to camp out in their driveway (ha, ha) in a few months. Maybe we could meet up and compare High Countries. BTW, I looked on the Keystone website for your 3160 RL LE, but couldn't find it. Maybe it's a West coast model?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Phil
philiprmcgovern is offline   Reply With Quote