Thread: One worn tire
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #18
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
I had the same thing happen to my driver side rear tire. Took it to a truck alignment shop, and he instantly showed me what was wrong. Those yellow octagon plates on the front and back of the leaf spring, have a grease fitting, and they all should be lined up and be at the 6 o'clock position. Apparently the factory did not tighten those bolts to 75 ft. pounds and that bolt came loose and the octagon spun bending one of the side rails that are supposed to keep it from spinning. So now before every trip, I make sure those yellow octagon plates have not rotated. So the truck guy had to take off everything and bend the side rail back into position and rotate the octagon to the right position and he measured the axles and they were good to go. I then got 20,000 more miles on my remaining tires and the new one I put there. So just do a quick check and make sure those octagon plates have not moved. and those 4 bolts are 75 ft. pounds