View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #7
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Well my situation is different as I have a different refer but I can tell you that I have 4 100 watt 12 volt panels and 6 6 volt golf cart batteries. I have this install on both of my trailers we boondock all of the time in our Montana. And my other trailer sits at my hunting club all season long with the fridge running and all the other monitoring devices in the trailer running I never have had a problem leaving it for up to 2 weeks as long as the sun shines. My Montana we stay out as long as 2 weeks and never encountered a problem but I do carry a back up generator in case we have days of limited sun. Now all that said we are very wise about our power use and it works extremely well for us your needs may be different so with some research on you part as to what you want to power and how long may give you a different set up. We love solar for how we camp it offers us power without running our generator in the evenings so everybody around us stays happy. I getup in the morning brew a pot of coffee and enjoy the sounds of the ocean. Or where ever we might be camping. Hope this help you as you decide on what you may need. There is a wealth of knowledge here and on the internet about solar I was looking at all the information for about a year before I decided on the best system for our needs.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote