View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
I get tired of trying to help with solar because each time I try to help in some way others come along and give there system is better than your system answers. How about everybody just understanding we all have different needs. Here is my answer to your question that work for me and my type of camping. Solar is a great addition I installed my own system without any problem and am extremely happy with it operation. I installed the inverter on my front compartment wall within 3 feet of my batteries. Using welding lead wires to hook from batteries to inverter. My inverter has a remote switch for on and off and gives me all the information as to what’s going on with my voltage. It is located next to my switches in the 5’er in the hallway wall out of the the way but easy to get to. The big switch box in the 5’er is open behind it all the way to the basement so it was easy to fish the remote wire from the inverter to the remote switch. I hope this helps you if any questions just PM me and I’ll get back to you with what I know and how it applies to my situation . Others wil come along and give great advice also. Hope this helps a little.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote