View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
We have had a fiver since 2000 as well. We recreational camp and usually have several toys and yard dιcor about the camper that full timers don't. I guess we're different as if I was at a mediocre site for a 3-4 day stay and a waterfront site came open say the first day … we'd move in a heartbeat. You just have to put enough up to draw the slides in and move … load the loose items up in the pickup bed … 30 - 45 minutes well worth it in my way of thinking. Plus you're not sitting in the weeds staring at the site you wished you were on.

AZ Traveler I understand your thinking on camping on the holidays … we look at it differently. You can sit on your site and be well entertained 24 - 7 by the off the wall goofy stuff that rolls in and by what goes on. Landing a site across from a boat ramp is over the top for entertainment. We've seen people pitch a tent, cut a slit in the side, install a room A/C and duct tape it together, instant igloo. We've also seen people haul out a big screen TV, full sized sofa, and cram it under an awning by their tent … instant man cave. And …… we've also had to call the law for rowdies